Job Openings at Frost Valley YMCA!
Current year-round (non-summer) openings:
Summer applicants: Fill out our online Summer 2017 Staff and In-Training Application.
Program Staff are responsible for preparation, delivery, and follow up of programs offered through the Environmental Education, Teambuilding, and Group and Family Retreats programs at Frost Valley YMCA. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with students and guests of all ages. Frost Valley YMCA seeks to promote an awareness of the interrelationships of the natural world through the natural sciences. Frost Valley YMCA seeks to promote healthy lifestyle alternatives through individual and group decision making activities and structured socialization experiences.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education, Environmental Studies, Outdoor Recreation, or a related field. Equivalent life experience working with children is also accepted. Must have a firm commitment to working with children from diverse backgrounds and a firm commitment to guest service. Standard First Aid and CPR are required and if you do not have it you will be trained upon arrival. Please see our School Programs and Family/Group Programs pages on our website for descriptions of the programs offered.
$65-75/day DOE, Room and Board included.
- Medical/dental/life insurance effective the 1st of the month, after completing 60 days.
- Eligible for YMCA retirement after 2 years with immediate vesting.
- Can participate on a pre-tax basis before eligibility and roll-over options available.
- Phone and internet access.
- Shared and individual housing with own private room.
- On-site/Off-site training provided for environmental education, conference, and teambuilding activities.
Start and End Dates:
- 2017-2018 School Year: Starting late August 2017, running through mid-June, 2018
- Fall 2017 Season: late August, 2017, through November 19, 2017
We are looking for passionate staff to fill our team of Program Instructors. We are currently hiring for positions to work our Winter and Spring seasons starting Feb 1 through mid-June 2017 and for the Spring season running April 3 through mid-June 2017.
Send resume & cover letter to:
Frost Valley YMCA
2000 Frost Valley Road
Claryville, NY 12725
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org