- Applicants must be entering 11th grade in the Fall or 16 years of age by the start of the in-Training Program.
- Complete the online application by the start of Winter Camp, December 28th.
- Please follow up with your references. References must be completed and submitted to Frost Valley by January 1st. Great people for references are teachers, recent counselors, employers, or people who have seen you work with children, or have seen you in a leadership position.
- The Resident Camp CiT Program –This month-long program is offered twice per summer. It gives participants a well-rounded overview of the entire Frost Valley Camp Counselor experience. Participants will spend a portion of their experience on a wilderness trip learning to plan meals, set-up and break down camp, and use resourcefulness and confidence to overcome obstacles. Another portion of the experience will include participating in workshops and learning to work with children. Some topics covered during this section include hip pocket games, how to be a counselor, behavior management, and more. To learn more about the resident camp at the Frost Valley YMCA, please click on Summer Camp
- The Adventure CiT Program – This month long program is offered once during the summer. Adventure CiTs participate in similar leadership training and development as Resident Camp CiTs, however the emphasis on this program is on creating outdoor leaders to potentially work in Adventure Village. Adventure CiTs spend more time on overnights and learning outdoor teaching skills, such as fire building, water purification and camping techniques. To learn more about Adventure Village at Frost Valley YMCA, please click on teen adventures.
- The Equestrian Camp Wrangler in Training Program is designed to give previous horse campers the chance to see what it takes to be a counselor and staff member with the Equestrian Programs at Frost Valley. The month long sessions of the WIT program will take place twice during the summer. For more information about the WIT program please contact Emily Gorman firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the session dates?2017 Scheduled Summer Sessions:
Session A: July 2nd- July 28th
Session B: July 30th- August 25th
Are the cabins heated? Is there electricity?The CiTs live in Leadership Lodge. Leadership Lodge does have electricity and heat. Bathrooms are located inside the lodge. The AiTs live in yurts located outside Adventure Village. Yurts are insulated but do not have electricity. AiTs use the same bathhouse as Adventure Village. The WiTs will live in East Valley Lodge. EVL has both electricity and heat along with bathrooms located inside the lodge. http://frostvalley.org/
- Broken-in hiking Boots: ankle support is required!
- Flashlight or headlamp with extra batteries
- 2 light t-shirts (polypro, or other non-cotton blend)
- 2 shorts – quick drying fabric (non-cotton)
- 3 pair of wool or polypro
- Long underwater top & bottom (synthetic/non-cotton)
- Medium an/or heavy weight top layer (fleece or wool)
- Warm hat and gloves
- Water Bottles (2 32 ounce water bottles)
- Sunscreen (30SPF or higher)
- Non-scented toiletries
- One soft duffel, suitcase or trunk
- A laundry bag
- A sleeping bag.