Applying for the Gap Year Program is easy and free!
When you fill out our online application, you’ll be asked several basic questions as well as some essay questions to make sure the gap year program is a good fit for you.
The essay questions are about:
- The skills and experiences you hope to gain from the program
- What you hope to contribute to the program
- Prior experiences working with children
- Three examples from your past that highlight independence and resilience.
Please take your time and consider your answers carefully. We’re looking for open-minded, enthusiastic, and energetic young women and men between the ages of 18 and 22, preferably with an interest to work with children.
Follow these steps:
- Fill out our online application. You will receive an email once you have completed and submitted the application. The email will instruct you to reach out to Zach Eigenbrodt to set up a phone interview within the next two weeks.
- During the interview, we will discuss your goals and aspirations for the gap year program, the itinerary, allowing you to ask questions about the program, and assess if this is the right program for you.
- You will then be notified of your application status within 10 days of the interview.
- If accepted into the program, you will be instructed how to enroll into the program. There is a $3,000 deposit due with enrollment. The deposit is fully refundable until March 31st.
- Throughout the following months, you will work with the Adventure Director to finish your medical forms, complete your payment and answer any questions you may have leading up to the start of your trip.
Or contact Zach for more information.
Phone: 845-985-2291 ext. 265