Why Join Frost Valley YMCA’s Colombian Gap Year?
Frost Valley YMCA has 100+ years experience as a leader in youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Our long history of providing life-changing outdoor experiences has brought thousands of people together – people of all backgrounds, genders, abilities, and beliefs.
Frost Valley offers the only program that immerses participants in three different types of community support:
- Youth Education – work with Colombian school children
- Community Development – provide hands-on support to help communities thrive
- Sustainable Agriculture – be a steward of the earth to foster a greener tomorrow
No other program in the world has our signature eight core values, which will be fully infused into your experience:
- Caring – be a caring role model for school children
- Community – become fully immersed into Colombian communities while also providing support to help neighborhoods thrive
- Diversity – meet gap year participants from all walks of life and live with Colombian families to broaden your worldview
- Honesty – as you embark on a journey to another nation you’ll begin to uncover your true self
- Inclusiveness – learn what it means to ensure that all human gain a sense of belonging while also becoming part of a group of diverse young adults
- Respect – gain newfound appreciation for the land and the vastness of the world around you
- Responsibility – become entrusted with new responsibilities such as independence, child-care, and creating a more sustainable future for communities and the earth
- Stewardship – become a steward of the earth through sustainable agricultural practices
Gap Year Colombia Highlights:
- Live with Colombian families on the weekends to be fully immersed in Colombian culture
- Participate in cultural awareness workshops
- Tour several Colombian cities and historic sites
- Learn about llanera cooking, indigenous Colombian culture, and more
- Visit museums, zoos, animal rescues, and a coffee farm
Or contact Zach for more information.
Phone: 845-985-2291 ext. 265