“The Habitat Adirondack crew has made more progress in two days than any other group in the past 6 years.” This quote is from the site supervisor who has been working with Frost Valley for several years. The crew has worked on setting up a retention wall, installing a drainage pipe, staining trim, sealing outside foundation, moving boulders and picking up brush. Today, the worksite had a little ceremony where the group received golden hammer pins and t-shirts for their efforts and contributions to the site. Another highlight for the group last night was having the opportunity to see an amazing meteor shower around 10:00 PM. They said they couldn’t even begin to describe it to me on the phone.
Some shout outs to the group members:
- Sarah: worked on spackling the outside of the house and has “gorgeous brush strokes” that will leave the visible parts of the house looking fabulous!
- Emma & Abbey: creative cookers who are excelling at creating meals that both vegetarians and meat eaters are loving
- Sasha: the “heavy lifter” of the crew, the group is leaning on Sasha’s strength and willingness to help out with some of the bigger, bulkier items
- Jake: really stepping up as a leader and is great at giving helpful instructions both at the worksite and with the cooking
- Michael: really, really good at this sort of work! His past expereince is proving to be a huge asset on the trip!
- Ian & Sam: always on top of offering an extra hand when someone needs it. Whether its helping to move a rock, grabbing a needed supply before it’s asked for or picking up an extra brush to help stain, these two are on it!