Job Openings at Frost Valley YMCA!
Current year-round (non-summer) openings:
Director of School Programs & Director of Group & Family Retreats
Full-time, seasonal (usually Sep – June), salary, exempt
Current seasonal openings: now through mid-June 2020 OR late March through mid-Jun 2020
- Previous experience working with children, and a commitment to work with guests from diverse backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Environmental Studies, Outdoor Recreation a plus OR experience working with children, especially in those fields
- Effective teacher and communicator that enjoys working with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Hold current First Aid/CPR certifications, or ability to obtain upon hire
- Possess a valid US Driver’s License and be able to pass internal FV driver training preferred Physical Qualifications:
- Able to traverse a variety of terrain, and work outside in adverse weather conditions
- Able to stand and walk for much of the day
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Program Instructor Staff are responsible for preparation, delivery, and follow up for all programs offered through the Environmental Education, Teambuilding, and Group and Family Retreats programs at Frost Valley YMCA. Through teaching, the Instructor will seek to promote awareness in our guests of the interrelationships of the natural world through the natural sciences and other program activities. Frost Valley’s programs seek to promote deeper connections within our students and guests with the outdoors, with others and with themselves.
- Lead small groups of students and guests in activities ranging from apple cider making, map & compass, watershed, geology, hikes, arts & crafts and much more
- Plan and implement lessons and activity plans for each assigned program
- With the Program Instructor team, prepare spaces for use by program participants, such as setting up ropes elements, moving tables and chairs, moving luggage, etc
- Serve as point of contact for school and teambuilding groups, being present at meals to answer questions and provide support and direction
- Assist guests in composting in the dining hall
Frost Valley Mission Statement:
Frost Valley YMCA is a values-driven organization that fosters youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility through outdoor educational and recreational programs for all.
Caring, Community, Diversity, Honesty, Inclusiveness, Respect, Responsibility, and Stewardship.
January 2020; HR
$65 – 75 a day + Excellent benefits, on-site housing and meals
How to apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Brett Tillman, School Programs Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 2000 Frost Valley Rd, Claryville, NY 12725. He can also be reached by phone at 845-985-2291 x221.