Job Openings at Frost Valley YMCA!
Current year-round (non-summer) openings:
Summer applicants: Fill out our online Summer Staff and In-Training Application.
Digital Media Specialist
Director of Marketing & PR
Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, creative writing, marketing, communications, advertising, or a related field
- Professional experience in a related field preferred, especially social media marketing
- Excellent creative writing skills – superb command of sentence structure, grammar, and creative exposition; exceptional ability to tell a story in a captivating, compelling way
- Outstanding Project Management skills – excels under deadlines and has experience juggling multiple priorities at once
- Extraordinarily persuasive copywriting skills – understands the importance of positioning, differentiation and value proposition
- A lifelong learner – hungry for growth in the field of marketing, PR, as well as topics related to organizational strategy and leadership
- Experience in digital marketing – specifically social media marketing, email marketing, blogging, et al.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional professionalism and diplomacy in workplace interactions
- Experience using EMS (Constant Contact), CMS (WordPress), CRM (Salesforce), and social media management tools (Hoot Suite)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) experience and/or knowledge
- Video/photo Editing, graphic design, website management, et al.
This position drives the digital presence of Frost Valley YMCA. The goals of this position are to increase authentic engagement online with our target audience(s); create compelling, creative and captivating digital content for social media and email marketing; and maintain Frost Valley’s position as a leader in digital marketing within the industry. This individual will be expected to stay informed about new opportunities, best practices, and new industry developments. Training will be provided where appropriate.
- Create and publish social media content (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, et al.)
- Create and schedule weekly e-mail marketing campaigns
- Manage the email marketing address list
- Get out of the office! Visit programming to acquire captivating content to give digital audiences an as-it-happens view of Frost Valley YMCA
- Digitally promote programs and deliver program news
- Manage and maintain website content, keeping it relevant to current business goals as well as up-to-date with need-to-know information
- Oversee the production and maintenance of a digital and interactive orientation for our staff
- Manage email inquiries received via our general inbox
- Stay informed and educated on digital marketing trends and new opportunities as well as potential obstacles
- Contribute new ideas and creative digital projects
- Minimal graphic design work as needed (training provided if necessary)
- Manage photo database, keeping it organized and easy to navigate
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Updated: February 2019; HR
$18.00-$19.00/hour + Great Benefits package
How To Apply:
Submit cover letter, résumé to Linda Ludwig-Tisch, Director of Human Resources at HR@frostvalley.org or 845-985-2291 x254.