This week we are giving you an extra dose of deliciousness from our Healthy Home Kitchen! One of my personal favorites is our Yogurt Pancakes with Berry Compote. The recipe is below:
Yogurt Pancakes with Warm Berry Compote
6 oz (or 3/4 cup) plain or vanilla yogurt
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2-3 cups fresh or frozen berries (any variety)
¼ cup sugar, or to taste
¼ cup water
- Place berries in a saucepan. Add ¼ cup water and turn on low heat. Let the berries get warm and start to dissolve a little. Add sugar, testing for the desired sweetness.
- In the meantime, make the pancakes. Whisk yogurt in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Add egg and whisk to combine.
- Whisk flour and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Add to yogurt mixtures and stir until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with warm berry compote.
Source: Chef Mary Magnetico
Share your finished products with us by emailing us at email@example.com