What are the drop off and pick up times?
Drop off will be at 8:30 am and pick up will be at 5:30 pm at the Day Camp turn around. Parents will be asked to remain in their vehicles.
Will there be bus transportation?
No, there will not be bus transportation this year. Parents must provide transportation to and from camp.
What activities will my camper be participating in?
Campers will participate in a variety of outdoor activities including: games, sports, hiking, arts and crafts, water games, and more.
Will there be equestrian or specialty camps this year?
No, we are only offering a traditional day camp for children ages 5-12 in 2020. We hope to offer all our programs again for summer of 2021.
How much does it cost per session?
Each session is our standard rate of $219 per camper. Financial assistance is available. Please call 845-985-2291 for more information.
Will my child go swimming?
Unfortunately, campers will not be able to participate in waterfront this year as we do not have lifeguards on staff. Campers will have plenty of opportunities to cool off with water games and our slip and slide.
Will lunch be provided?
Lunch will not be provided this year as our dining hall will not be open in order to prevent large group gatherings. Please be sure your child comes to camp each day with a lunch that will sustain them through a full day of activities. Please also include a reusable water bottle. We will be refilling them often to ensure campers stay hydrated throughout the day. Lunches should be packed with an ice pack if it’s necessary to keep the contents cool since we won’t have access to a refrigerator. Please do not send your child to camp with peanut butter or other nuts as we are a nut-free facility.
Will there be health services?
Yes, our health center will be open, though with limited staffing. Please make sure to complete all the required health documents through Camp Docs
Do I still need to fill out my camper’s health information in Camp Docs this year?
Yes, you still need to complete the forms in Camp Docs, however if you have registered your child for a prior camp program at Frost Valley you will simply need to verify and update the information you’ve already entered.
Can I register my child online?
Yes, you can register online here.
What health and safety protocols will Frost Valley be taking to prevent the spread of Covid-19?
- Frost Valley is limiting group size to 10 campers.
- Children will also be required to wear face masks when they are transitioning between activities on camp and they have the potential to cross paths with other campers. They will not be required to wear them when they are participating in activities in their group.
- Families will also be asked to complete a health questionnaire to assess the potential exposure of the camper to the Covid-19 virus and daily temperature checks will be taken upon arrival. Campers confirmed to have a temperature over 100.0°F will not be allowed to attend camp.
- Campers will be encouraged to wash their hands frequently and use the hand sanitizing stations around camp when hand washing is not possible.
- Frost Valley uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved to be effective against COVID-19 in addition to other viruses, bacteria and other airborne/blood borne pathogens. Public spaces as well as camp materials/equipment will be disinfected.
For a more thorough list, please visit our Day Camp Covid-19 Prevention Protocols Page.
Will I be refunded if my program is cancelled by Frost Valley or a governing agency?
If your program is cancelled by Frost Valley or a governing agency, you will receive a full refund for the amount paid. Refund checks should arrive in the mail in about 6-8 weeks.
Will I be refunded if I choose to cancel my child’s session?
In general, when a program participant chooses to cancel, they will not receive a refund. Please call our Jessie Emmons, Director of Child Development and Innovation at 845-985-2291 ext. 305 if you would like to discuss your circumstances.
If you have more questions or would like to register your camper, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-985-2291 ext. 305.