What is there to do at Frost Valley?!
There is so much to do at Frost Valley!
A well balanced daily schedule offers a wide range of activities. From traditional camp activities like sports & games, arts and crafts, rock climbing, to wacky and unique Frost Valley favorites, there is something for everyone. Campers in Wawayanda and Henry Hird will enjoy a daily schedule made up of four periods consisting of Waterfront, Sports & Games, Specialty, and Feeling Good.
Campers get the chance to swim and/or boat in Lake Cole every day. Campers can play on the beach, play basketball or volleyball in the water, jump on the floating trampoline, or slide down our giant inflatable waterslide. Specially trained waterfront staff offer optional swim lessons for those looking to improve their technique. Boating options include kayaking, canoeing, row boating, and stand-up paddle boarding.
Sports & Games:
Our culture is to simply enjoy physical activity through friendly competition, mash-up of different sports, and teamwork.
This elective-style period is for each camper to choose a from a wide range of specialized activities. Campers will stick with that activity for one (Wawayanda) or two (Henry Hird) weeks. The main goal is to help campers confidently step out of their comfort zones, try something new, and walk away with a new skill or passion. We hire experienced and specialized staff to lead these activities. Examples of these include:
- Arts and Crafts: pottery, screen printing, and woodworking
- Wellness: healthy cooking, gardening, outdoor living skills, archery, soccer, basketball, and other team sports
- Creative Play: theater, dance, yoga, music, creative writing
- Ropes: rock climbing, zip line, teambuilding, low and high ropes course, and other adventure based activities
Feeling Good is the time of the day for campers to feel good about themselves as they build strong relationships with their cabin mates. Campers will bond with their cabin group as they participate in traditional camp activities like hiking, candle making, rock painting, sports, or other activities similar to Specialty offerings. This is also a great time for counselors to draw on their own experiences to create activities that appeal to their campers.
Activities Offered at Frost Valley:
- Arts and Crafts (general)
- All-Camp Activities- It’s a Small World, Olympix, CarniValley, Hirdstock
- Boating- Canoe, Kayak, Rowboat, Stand-up Paddleboard
- Cable Bridges
- Capture the Flag
- Carpet Ball
- Candle Making
- Challenge Night
- Dodge ball
- Earth Ball
- Face Painting
- Floating Water Trampoline
- Floor Hockey
- Flower/Leaf Press
- French Revolution
- Friendship Bracelets
- High Ropes- Flying Squirrel, Zipline, Giant’s Ladder, Leap of Faith, Giant Swing
- Lip Sync
- Low Ropes
- Mountain Boarding
- Natural Facials
- Outdoor Living Skills
- Pond Ecology
- Screen Printing
- Service Projects
- Swim Lessons
- Talent Show
- Tether Ball
- Theme Days
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Ultimate Sicko Ball
- Water Basketball