Due to the pandemic, the kidney camp program will not run in summer 2021 (see attached letter). We will be offering a family weekend for kidney camp families in May, sponsored by the Ruth Gottscho Kidney Foundation. Please contact Maya for more information (email@example.com). We miss our kidney campers and look forward to kidney camp at Frost Valley in Summer 2022!
All children between the ages of 7-15 (or up to 10th grade) who are on dialysis, post-transplant, or have chronic kidney disease are eligible to attend. Limited space is available for hemo and PD campers in session 1 only. CKD and Transplant campers may request either session.
- Children must be medically stable, Hepatitis B Surface Antigen negative, and able to walk 200 yards unassisted.
- Children on peritoneal dialysis must be trained and able to perform CAPD with assistance from our staff.
Please contact our coordinator if you have any questions about a child’s eligibility, or our ability to handle their specific needs! To request a space for your child, please complete the kidney camper registration form and return it to Maya at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 718-652-3136. You will be placed on the waiting list pending review of your child’s medical information and other application materials.
- Gottscho Kidney Camp Registration
- Gottscho Kidney Camper Application
- Kidney Camper Testimonials
- AKF Worksheet for Campership – required for dialysis and transplant
- Gottscho Kidney Transfer Forms – ONE MONTH BEFORE CAMP
- Camp Dialysis Consent – dialysis only
- Transient Dialysis Forms – dialysis only
- Kidney Camp Medications
- Summer Camper Packing List
Please email Maya at email@example.com with any questions.
Check our FAQ Page for related questions.
Camperships are made available to all campers as a result of the generous support of:
The Ruth Gottscho Kidney Foundation www.gottschokidney.org
The American Kidney Fund www.kidneyfund.org
American Nephrology Nurses Association, North Jersey Chapter www.annanurse.org
For further information, please contact:
Maya Doyle, LCSW
Ruth Gottscho Dialysis and Children’s Kidney Program
Division of Pediatric Nephrology
Children’s Hospital of Montefiore
111 E. 210th St, Bronx, NY 10467