In order to give campers and parents an inside look at Frost Valley’s Picture This! Day Camp, Community Programs Director Jessie Emmons answered some questions parents and campers might have about this specialty day camp.
1. Who is this camp suited for?
“This camp is suited for children entering 4-5 grade in the fall who have an interest in photography.”
2. Should campers bring their cameras from home?
“All supplies, including cameras, will be provided. We do NOT encourage campers to bring their own equipment in case it were to get lost or broken.”
3. Will Frost Valley be providing cameras to use? If so, what kind?
“We will be providing all the equipment. They are basic Canon Powershot cameras. This is a very basic photography program. We want to get campers out in nature, taking pictures that are beautiful to them.”
4. What photography skills will campers be learning?
“They will learn very basic skills – nature photography, still life, and action photos. We want campers to go out into the world (camp) with a camera in their hand and take photos of things that they find beautiful. They will be rediscovering the world through their camera lens.”
5. Will the campers’ photos be posted for parents to see them?
“Yes, we will post the photos that the campers take on our smugmug page.”
6. Will campers participate in other camp activities besides photography? If so, which ones?
“Photography is just a portion of their day. They will have 1 or 2 periods each day that are dedicated to other camp activities. They will also get to join camp during the waterfront time between 2-3:30 p.m.”
7. Is there anything else camper parents should know about this camp?
“That this is a very basic photography program. They don’t need any prior experience with a camera. We simply want campers to learn to look at the world through an artist’s lens.”