Another staple program at Frost Valley is a visit to our Healthy Home Kitchen or when the Snack Bus comes to your village or program. To help you get a little taste of Frost Valley @Home, we wanted to share some of our most popular recipes with you!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
1 medium head cauliflower
1 cup whole milk (1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk from a can works too)
1 cup all purpose flour
½ tsp paprika
A few grinds of black pepper
1 ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
1 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove stem from cauliflower and carefully chop into 1-2 inch florets and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, paprika and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add milk and whisk until smooth. It should be like thick pancake batter.
- Add the cauliflower florets and gently toss, using a large spoon, until all florets are completely coated in batter.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a medium bowl.
- Using tongs, lift each batter-coated piece of cauliflower and toss gently with the breadcrumbs. Place breaded florets on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 for about 10 minutes, or until crisp and lightly browned.
- While baking, get your buffalo sauce ready.
- Put cauliflower into a large, clean bowl and pour the sauce over, tossing very gently to coat them all. You can also use tongs to ensure the bites are coated on all sides.
- When the bites are coated in sauce, return them to the oven for another 15-20 minutes, or until they are crispy.
- Serve with carrots, celery, and blue cheese or ranch for dipping.
For anyone who doesn’t enjoy spice, leave the sauce off of some of the bites.
If you prefer, you can make your own buffalo sauce. Combine ⅔ cup hot sauce and ½ cup unsalted butter in a small saucepan and whisk over low heat until the butter is melted and the sauce is smooth.
Source: Erinn Simon, https://www.mother.ly/parenting/baked-buffalo-bites
Share your experience with us – send us photos or videos at email@example.com