After an exciting and energetic 2 days of Olympix, everyone was glad to have a more relaxed day today. Some highlights of the day included:
- Lenape playing their favorite game cornucopia (a game involving lots of dodgeballs and pool noodles). If you recognize that name, it’s because the campers always want to play it!
- Tacoma had some pampering time with a spa day down by reflection pond
- Pac had their annual July Madness basketball tournament. Everyone in the village divided into teams and had an elimination-style bracket. 2 games ended in ties and went to overtime. One of the semi-finals was won with a buzzer beater! The afternoon ended with a campers versus staff game with the campers coming out just ahead by 3 points.
- Tacoma and Lenape had a great time grilling down on our main field for dinner. There were burgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers, and lots of activities being run next door on the field.
- Our 3 oldest villages (Pac, Windsong, and Sunburst) ended the night by joining with our youngest village (Pokey Totem) for challenge night! This was a really cool opportunity for our campers to showcase their mentoring skills and also get silly with some of our younger campers.