Ramblers Wet & Wild
Our Adirondack Ramblers called to say hi! Rafting was awesome. Their boat ran sweep (the last boat in the pack, making sure any stragglers were keeping up and safe!) and the kids were a “powerhouse” ripping through the rapids and swimming every chance they had! Every single one of the kids were out of the boat just as much as they were in the boat (completely voluntary!). The weather was slightly cloudy, but mostly sunny and the group is looking forward to canoeing!
A few quick shout outs to the group members:
- David – learning lots of new skills, and especially likes learning how to light and maintain the evening campfires
- Max – the music man of the group, Max is the “human radio” and entertains the group with songs all day long!
- Carlo – awesome paddler, really helping the group “power” through the wave trains
- Marcelo – great leader, paddling hard and after a full day of rafting still had energy to swim back at the campground!
- Nick – loves swimming and was right beside Marcelo jumping into the lake after rafting
- Anton – loved rafting and can’t wait to start canoeing
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Born and raised in Wisconsin, Zach couldn't keep himself out of the woods when growing up. He started working at a Northern Wisconsin YMCA Camp as a wilderness trip leader while in college and fell in love with getting kids into nature. The smiles on kids faces after returning from a once in a life time wilderness experience is why he is here today. Zach brought his talents to Frost Valley YMCA, in 2014, when he started as the Trips Coordinator and soon was promoted to Adventure Director. Zach loves all forms of Wilderness exploration, though some would say his heart lies most with canoeing.
More posts by Zach eigenbrodt