So it is only 3 more days until camp officially begins here at Frost Valley and we’re anxious for some kids to show up. The Adventure Trip Leaders are finishing their second week of training by teaching overnight skills to the resident camp staff on Thursday. Then they will spend Saturday packing food and doing one final check on all of their gear. The Adventure Village staff is preparing for their overnight and can’t wait to sleep out under the stars Thursday night. Saturday for them will involve waterfront procedures, team building games, and a whole lot of excitement. As you go through your final preparations, please keep a few things in mind.
- First, get the driving directions from our website! The online mapping services and GPS units have a little trouble finding Frost Valley and getting you here by the easiest route.
- Second, you should be arriving at Frost Valley for check in around 2:00pm. Please don’t show up at 11:00am and expect to check in. If you do arrive early, take a drive through Claryville to check out the recently renovated Blue Hill Lodge & Cafe (formerly the Claryville Deli) or take hike at one of the nearby trailheads.
- Third, please don’t send any food along. Besides attracting animals, there may be someone with a food allergy that could be affected.
- Finally, don’t forget a camera and some supplies to send a letter home. Pre-addressed & stamped envelopes are great!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us via e-mail or phone. Drive safe and we will see you on Sunday!
Kevin Terrell, Adventure & Trips Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kam Kobeissi, Assistant Adventure Director, email@example.com
(845) 985-2291 ext. 265 (Kevin) or 263 (Kam)